Welcome to New Zealand, the land of the long white cloud.
Whether you're seeking your next adrenaline-fix, the best place to taste traditional Maori cuisine, or the perfect geothermal pool to unwind in, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that New Zealand has to offer.
An explosion of dramatic scenery, this far-flung Pacific island has it all: mammoth mountains, icy-blue glacial lakes, unspoiled coastlines, idyllic vineyards and cool, cultural cities. From the subtropical kauri forests of the North Island to the remote fjords of the South Island, New Zealand offers countless opportunities for adventure.
Our updated 2023 guide brings New Zealand to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city/country/region's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. DK Eyewitness New Zealand is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness New Zealand you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of New Zealand's must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit.
- Colour-coded chapters , and how to save time and money.
to every part of New Zealand, from Auckland to Wellington, Christchurch to Nelson.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: The North Island Auckland Northland The Central North Island Wellington and the South The South Island Marlborough and Nelson Canterbury and the West Coast Otago and Southland.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
Usually despatched in 2-5 working days.
Date of Publication: 20/07/2023