by Andrew Moyne
Hands-On Paper 1 – The Essential Comprehending and Composing Toolkit provides students with the tools they need to get to grips with Leaving Certificate English Higher Level Paper 1.
Hands-On Paper 1 is the only dedicated Paper 1 book to take a thematic approach, and offer three texts together at a time, as they appear on the examination.
This book contains everything a student will require to be fully prepared for their Paper 1 examination.
• Practical examination advice
• Answering strategies
• Six full sample examination papers
• A range of comprehension text types – feature article, memoir, speech, novel, interview, opinion piece, visual text, preface, letter, news article
• Commentary on the different genres
• Comprehending questions modelled on recent examinations
• Annotated sample answers for all Comprehending question types
• A dedicated Composing section, with information on the different essay types
• Annotated sample answers for recent Composing examination questions
• Grammar advice integrated throughout
• A full spelling and grammar section at the end
As students work through this book, they will become equipped with the skills and knowledge to be successful in Paper 1.
Usually despatched in 2-5 working days.