Supporting Special Educational Needs: an SNA handbook
by Eilis Flood
Supporting Special Educational Needs -an SNA Handbook by Eilis Flood & Deirdre Murphy.
A complete guide to supporting special educational needs in Ireland, combining specialist assistance across a wide range of needs with theoretical approaches and perspectives from practice.
- Introduces and details a range of special needs affecting all forms of development and presents a case study for each to position theory into real life scenarios
- Reviews special educational needs policy and provision in Ireland from a historical and legislative perspective, detailing relevant key pieces of Irish legislation and their implications.
- Promotes knowledge and understanding of policy, provision and practice in Ireland to meet the diverse needs of children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Outlines the role of key personnel such as special needs teachers, assistants and health professionals within various structures governing and supporting this sector and their relationship with all stakeholders.
- Presents up-to-date information regarding resources, services and facilities available in Ireland to children with special educational needs.
- Highlights the principles of good practice within various settings.
- Students working towards a special educational needs qualification (SNAs) in primary and secondary schools
- Those providing care for children with special needs in their own homes
- Professional practitioners in ELC settings.
Eilis Flood (BA Education, MSc Education, BSc Psychology) taught Childcare modules at Drogheda Institute of Further Education. She is the author of many best-selling textbooks in Ireland, including her latest Growth & Development in Early Childhood and Assisting Children with Additional Needs in ELC.
Deirdre Murphy has a BA in Early Childhood Care and Education from DKIT. She works as an SNA in a post primary school.
Temporarily Out of Stock.
Currently not in stock but due shortly. Usually despatched in 3 to 10 working days.
If you order this along with other items, your entire order will be held and despatched when complete.
Date of Publication: 09/09/2022