A definitive and comprehensive presentation of the fundamental principles of nutrition science, with up-to-date analysis on current research regarding the impact of diet on health outcomes.
- Explores the function, nutritional value and metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- Clearly explains basal metabolic rate (BMR) and reference nutrient intake (RNI).
- Details the digestion, absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the body.
- Discusses the specific nutritional needs of infants, children, adolescents,adults and the elderly, and refers to factors that influence their eating habits.
- Interprets nutrition labels and specifies food product labelling in accordance with EU regulations.
- Introduces the main categories of food additives and their impact on health.
- Details the process of food testing for fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Discusses the role and impact of diet on common diseases and how diet can be effective in disease prevention.
- Explores the role and effect of diet in the treatment of certain diseases including diabetes, coeliac disease, cystic fibrosis and lactose intolerance.
- Discusses the causes, symptoms and effects of various eating disorders.
- Explores the strategy of glycogen loading and its effect on the performance of endurance athletes.
- Examines the causes and effects of dehydration and the importance of maintaining fluid intake.
Temporarily out of stock.
Currently not in stock but due shortly. Usually despatched in 3 to 10 working days.
If you order this along with other items, your entire order will be held and despatched when complete.
Date of Publication: 05/03/2021
The Book of Nutrition
also appears in these Categories: